Carving My Life, Volume II
I invite you to another feast for your eyes: 70+ images of beautiful stone sculpture in full, brilliant color on satin-smooth paper in Carving My Life, Volume II. You can get it as an ebook and a print book.
You’ll go with me to Italy, New Mexico and New York, and read a teaser about my trip to New Zealand as the first Artist-in-Residence for a tiny town on the South Island.
In Carving My Life, Volume II I share with you more about my lifelong love affair with stone. You’ll see what I carved in lovely Cararra and Colorado Yule marble, alabasters ranging from white to candy-colored orange, soapstone, serpentine and a sculpture carved from who-knows-what kind of stone; masks, figures and bas reliefs.
What’s in Carving My Life, Volume II?
• The Oddisms!
• What is Candy Alabaster, and why is it so hard to carve?
• What it was like to switch from mellow, slow hand-carving to fast, powerful, loud, inherently dangerous power tools!
• The high points of going to Lucca, Cararra & Pietra Santa to carvec
• Have you ever seen a sculpture being carved from start to finish? You will now!
• There’s more – you’ll see!